1. EAT BALOT. The problem with me is I overthink a lot. I judge it even before it reaches my tongue. But I realized I should embrace it because it’s part of my being a Filipino. Regardless of my balot-eating experience, I’m proud of my nationality. Eating it will only just be a sort of a fun validation. Kakayanin ko!
2. WATCH A MOVIE ALONE INSIDE THE CINEMA. I could consider myself lucky for always having company when I go and watch something inside the theater. But for a change, I wanna try it alone. I’m not exactly comfortable going to crowded places without a companion. I’m afraid of people. Now, I’m putting myself on a challenge. This September, perhaps? INSIDIOUS 2 will be a great pick! Haha. Que horror!
3. DONATE BLOOD. Because I want to do something good. Well, this has been a long time wish. Unfortunately I have always been deprived of such chance in the past because I was underweight. Thankfully, things have changed. I’m only waiting when the opportunity will knock again.
4. GIVE A SPEECH. I hate speaking in front of many people, but with a good cause, I could sacrifice a bit.I don’t know in particular what kind of speech I want to give. One thing I’m sure of is that I want to inspire people. I want to affect lives. And maybe. Just maybe I can make a change.
5. GO OUT ON A DATE. FLIRT. One could say I am a Jane of all trades. But I humbly claim my lack of knowledge and experience in the romantic arena. I need some workshop. Hahaha.
6. SING IN FRONT OF A CROWD. I’m used to singing with a partner or singing in a group. My last solo performance - way back in high school - was a disaster. Nonetheless, no humiliation can take away my love for music and singing. If given the right to be choosy, I would prefer singing 'The Way I Am' by Ingrid Michaelson or 'Thinking of You' by Katy Perry. If coincidentally you will be one of the audience, please promise me you’ll give me a round of applause. Okay? Haha.
7. ENROLL IN A YOGA CLASS OR POLE DANCING CLASS. I don’t want to stop learning. I want to learn new skills. Yoga, because I want to develop my concentration. Pole dancing, because I want to liberate myself. Once I’ll be able to fix my finances, I’ll enroll right away!
8. CURL MY HAIR. I am contented with how I look. In fact, I love my short straight hair. But I’ve long been curious how I’d look like with my crowning glory in curls. I have always envied my cousins’ waves. As early as 6 years old, I have learned how to use curlers by myself out of desperation. Facepalm. Childhood ruined. For curiosity’s sake, I’m taking a risk.
9. DO SOMETHING IN THE KITCHEN. Cooking has always been my frustration. I want to be as good as my mother, or even better. For my first project, I’ll be doing my favorite. Lasagna. It’ll be a nice treat for my family in the Holidays.
10. TRAVEL. It is a little bit ironic that I love travelling despite my lack of sense of direction. But really, I want to go to places, meet people and understand cultures.
There’s only 6 months left for me to do all the things listed above. I would not consider it too late. I just want my fears conquered. Wish me luck!
PS. By the way, if you can help me - by any means - to accomplish the things included in the list, I would appreciate it. :D
*Images are taken from Google.